Thursday, August 4

It's a Balloon Fest Anniversary














Today marks the one year anniversary of working down here. I remember this day very clearly even though it was a year ago. One of the key reasons was because the day my folks left me the sky was filled with hot air balloons right over my apartment. The same thing happenend today because the Balloon Festival is in town once again. It's crazy how the sky can be full of hot air balloons right over where you live. This picture shows only four, but in the area around my house, there had to be at least 50 balloons in the air. Incredibly beautiful! At night they have glow shows where they light them up like light bulbs.

But, if you don't hear from me for a few days, it's because it's taken me that long to get to my apartment complex. I remember last years trip home on Friday night from work...it took a while with all the festival attendees clogging up the road to my place.

3 comments:

katherine said...

quick question...
how do you get those extra categories on the side bar? i covet those.

bexala said...

You have to alter the template in order to create the sidebar topics. It should be fairly easy to figure out, but you'll have to edit the html a bit. If you want a tutorial, give me a call this week and we'll walk through it together.

I trust that you can do this in the "21st millimium"

katherine said...

brilliant use of millimium. i applaud you.