Thursday, May 4

My Need for Volunteer Firefighting

So I officially completed my grad school semester last week. Phew.

But in doing so I reduced my stress level way too much--I've spent the entire week still feeling as if I'm not completing something I should be and like I'm missing something. I'm considering volunteer fire fighting to make up the difference (kidding...but I'm needing something...)

This past weekend I did some cooking which was a great treat. I made homemade pasta for the first time with real semolina flour. It was pretty delicious and I'm totally excited to try it again. This weekend I'm excited to undertake some additional gourmet goodness.

Well...here goes the survey Mel has required that I do.

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4.
I hope Cooking Light Magazine counts...."Other shelves were stocked with masa harina (Mexican-style corn flour), pink peppercorns, juniper berries, Sriracha Thai hot chile sauce, panko (Japanese bread crumbs), English Stilton cheese, and Italian buffalo mozzerella.

2.Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and describe what you touch.
I'm touching the mosquito netting I have draped on my four poster bed.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Lost.

4.Without looking, guess what time it is?
10:37 p.m.

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
10:43 p.m.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Sallycat cleaning her fur.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Leaving my work, heading home.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
www.ljcfyi.com - one of the cutest blogs on the Web

9. What are you wearing?
Red v-neck tee with a tan knee length cargo skirt. Bare feet.

10. Did you dream last night?
Yep. But dreams are personal and not to be posted on blogs.

11. When did you last laugh?
Tonight while watching Bridget Jones's Diary on tape while eating dinner. The part where she introduces Kafka's Motorbike as "one of the top 30 books of our time" always kills me.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
My IKEA picture collage and my birthday butterflies.

13. Seen anything weird lately?
The guy that was my cashier this weekend at GB Russo's in GR. He was a weirdo--totally a gawker...totally weird vibes.

14. What do you think of this quiz?
I think it's a bit silly and unimportant.

15. What is the last film you saw?
West Side Story

16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A farmhouse with a gourmet kitchen and a wrap around porch.

17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I am totally grossed out by belly buttons and I worry that if I ever have children and mine pops out or stretches it's really going to bother me. Also, I don't like the idea of umbilical cords.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? I'd change all the signage in the world so that it was completely readable and always intuitive.

19. Do you like to dance?
Yes--especially interpretive dancing.

20. George Bush.
Need we go there? Isn't it obvious? Blech.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Jane Sophia

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Samuel Aidan

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Sure. If the job was right.

No comments: